Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Barenaked Ladies: Snack Time

On Thursday I went to the local Barnes and Noble to meet the Barenaked Ladies. They were there promoting their new children's album, Snack Time. We got there too late to see them perform (they only allowed a certain number of people on the second floor) but I stuck around for the signing portion.

I asked Ed if there was a deeper meaning to the song When I Fall. He said "There's always a deeper meaning!" He said it was about a lot of family stuff.

I told Steve how much I liked the song When You Dream and that I liked to sing it to my new son.

I've seen them lots of times in concert but never had the chance to meet them. Very cool.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know the songs but Jeremy Vine, a UK broadcaster, said in The Observer this week: "There's two songs about dads, a Luther Vandross song called 'Dance With My Father' and Mike & The Mechanics' 'The Living Years' which had me in tears this week." Chris might want to check them out.

- kate

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home