Thursday, June 26, 2008

I need a checkup; and can you recommend a good restaurant?

I have been feeling a little unwell recently and started thinking I need to find a new regular doctor. I haven't seen a regular doctor since December 2005, when I cracked my head on the bathroom floor. Since then I've just seen my OB/GYN.

I had a doctor I really liked for a while but she moved into private practice. I looked her up today and she's now in a "concierge" group, which means she'll be your doctor 24/7 with access to her cell phone and email, with same-day appointments and no waiting time! It only costs $4000 a year.

Her website says she left her old practice to be able to give highly personalized care to her patients. I can believe it.. it drives me crazy how they schedule appointments in 15 minute blocks. When has that ever been enough time?

Is this the future of health care? The rich people get to pay for excellent medical care, and the not-so-rich get shafted?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home