Wednesday, September 17, 2008

President of Yugoslavia

Back in high school, for reasons I cannot explain, I declared myself the president of Yugoslavia. My friend Tara S. declared herself the co-president, and we would talk in funny accents. I had a Yugoslavia keychain and a Yugoslavia sweatshirt, and I visited the Yugoslavia booth at the World Expo.

Anyway, my friend Andy got me a cool huge Yugoslavian flag that I hung in my room, and then later in my dorm room in college. I carried that flag from San Diego to Indiana and back to California again. At some point I thought maybe I should sell it on eBay or something, since I was no longer using it, and someone else would appreciate it more. But I was too lazy to do anything about it.

Until a few weeks ago, when I walked into my mother's group and met someone who was born in Yugoslavia. I said, "This may be an odd question, but would you like a Yugoslavian flag?" And she said "Sure!"

So the next week I brought it with me, and gave it to her. And that is the story of my Yugoslavian flag.

2 Comments:

At 11:21 PM , Blogger The Pathetic Earthling said...

As long as it found itself a good home, since the government of Belgrade has very little to commend it.

 
At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss that country i wish it never broke up i could have had a normal life. It not my fault i was born in to a certain family does that make me a bad person that i need to die and lose my home and my childhood for. I live in Canada and it a long story if i move back i will have a hard time why do people care so much about your backround.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home