Sunday, November 29, 2009

Yippee, HD

After discussing it for the last, oh, five years or so, we finally bought an HD TV last week. I like it, but... it is not quite as awesome as I thought it would be. The screen is nice, the picture is big, but some programs just look a little off.

It's hard to explain. The close-ups look good, but when we were watching The Tudors on DVD (granted, we don't have Blu-Ray) I started to notice that the shots that are farther out look like.... well, like we're watching PBS or a soap opera or something. Less polished. Also, I feel like I'm much more aware of the camera panning.

I chalked it up to being a regular DVD, but I have noticed the same thing on TV shows like Glee. On the other hand, Survivor looked great. I watched a few minutes of Empire Strikes Back on cable and I hate to say it, but it just didn't look that great.

Maybe it's just something I'll have to get used to, like the shaky hand-held camera thing that started a while ago. We'll see!

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your HD TV picture should come in great for you. You mentioned that you have cable; you may want to consider getting DISH. My picture quality has also ways been fantastic and as a DISH employee I can tell you that DISH offers HD free for life that you may want to check into. You can go to dish.com/200hd.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home